What framework to use in OTT app for webOS?

Hi eveyone. i am building an OTT app. i can’t decide what framework to use. should i use enact.js or react or next or vue or nuxt or even maybe vanilla js? i am lost completely.
currenly I have knowledge of react/next.

thanks in advance for the kind responses :slightly_smiling_face:

We cannot recommend some specific framework or library. As you may know, webOS TV uses different web engines depending on the webOS version. So please check compatibility with the web engine first. Thank you.

well, right now i have started using enact.js and the question is how do i know the html,css,js and any framework or library i use is compatible with LG TV’s manufactured since 2020

In case of Enact, you can refer to Enyo and Enact Guide. For other frameworks and libraries, please contact support for the framework or library you want to use. Thank you.

1 Like

Modern Web Development. There is a vast abundance of frameworks, all with strengths and flaws. You’ll want to keep memory usage under control. I’ve been seeing 250mb mentioned several times on here. The Amount of RAM available varies from TV to TV to my understanding. You’ll also have to take a good look at the Web Engine chart previously mentioned. These are literally builds of Chrome which are frozen in time to specific versions of Chrome. So you’ll want to figure out what platform versions you want/need to support. Keep in mind all the newer CSS and Javascript or browser features don’t exist in older builds. Some of the packages you may wish to deploy or use with whatever Framework may become questionable. Try to find something simple and easy for you yourself to work with. No need to over engineer things like a True Professional (to make a joke out of it). It’s literally an on going process. Good Luck!