in the following scenario, I am facing the issue of not getting multichannel PCM output via eARC using of Kodi under WebOS 25 / 10.3.0-1902 (FW 33.30.92):
Kodi (WebOS) on LG OLED83G58LW, 5.1 output setting → E-ARC (passthrough) → eARC-extractor → HDMI+pseudo video → Denon AVR-4308: Stereo PCM only
Not only that, but the TV/WebOS also seems to ignore the sample rate setting in Kodi, e.g. limiting the sample rate to 44.1 kHz still leads to an output at 48 kHz towards the AVR.
CoreELEC on Ugoos AM6B+ via HDMI → LG OLED83G58LW, 5.1 → E-ARC (passthrough) → eARC-extractor → HDMI+pseudo video → Denon AVR-4308: multichannel PCM works
This has been mentioned here and there before but I’d say that this issue deserves a thread on its own as if I understand it correctly, the other one was rather about bitstreaming such as DTS and TrueHD, but this is about Multichannel-PCM.
Given, that multichannel PCM is nothing exotic but even used to be the designated transfer mode in 2006 for Blu-ray playback on the PS3, one can only wonder why again such a basic operation fails decades later.