Chromium 68 - Promises error - Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token?

Hi, I’m trying to develop a hosted web app using Sveltekit framework latest version (1.25.0).
I just set the ts.config compiler option to “target”: “ES3”, and build and preview the starter application example.
I’ve installed locally on my Windows Laptop the correct chromium version 68: App Debugging | webOS TV Developer.

My smart tv:

• software version 5.50.10
  • TV WebOS Versio: 4.4.2-11(goldilocks-gorongosa)

The application failed to load because of this error:
Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token ?
Promise.then (async) (anonymous)

If i just try the app in the current version of chrome it’s working withouth any problem.
Somebody can help me about this issue?

If you want to test yourself you have only to create a new sveltekit project using these commands:

npm create svelte@latest my-app
cd my-app
npm install
npm run build
npm run preview

it’s better to test after the build in preview mode because in the dev mode it doesn’t apply the polyfill.
I also try to load a modernizr.js file inside the index.html but it doesn’t help.

Do you think is possible to ask LG to update the max version of the browser used in the 5.x version? It’s really frustrating issue.

The same issue that I’m facing in the browser is the same also when i test the application directly to the smart tv.
Thanks in advance for help.

This forum only supports LG SDK and LG API related issues. If you have a problem with SvelteKit, please contact SvelteKit support or SvelteKit community. For your information, the webOS TV 4.x uses Chromium 53. (See Web API and Web Engine.) Thank you.

Hi thanks for the reply,
unfortunaly because the browser version is more than 7 years old is not possible to use a framework like Sveltekit, in order to improve the security and performance of the application do you think is possible to ask to update the browser version for all the previous webOs version?

We don’t have much relevance to software development of LG devices. For questions/issues about the LG Device and its software, please contact LG customer service center in your region. Thank you.

hey bro can i have you contact to talk about svelte and webos. i would like to ask you a few questions like what framework should i use for webos