Dolby Vision video playback via Media Player app

Hi :slight_smile:
I’m a developer of a DLNA/UPnP media server and I am trying to determine whether LG TVs support Dolby Vision videos in the Media Player app.
When I play them on an LG C2 TV, the colors are shifted to purple and green, which is consistent with how they display on SDR devices, however playing Dolby Vision via the Netflix app works perfectly so I am confident the TV itself supports it.

Is there some parameter I can pass to the Media Player app to instruct it that the file is Dolby Vision?

I have inspected the response from GetProtocolInfo and I can’t see anything relevant in there.

If this isn’t the correct place to get support on this, please let me know.

Sorry for the late reply. Supported Dolby Vision profile IDs are 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10, and Media Player supports MPEG-2 TS and ISOBMFF. Please make sure your media meets the specifications. And if it is server-side transcoding, you also need to check if Dolby Vision signaling is correct as follows:
MPEG-2 TS: DOVI Video Stream Descriptor in PMT
ISOBMFF: Dolby Visino Configuration Box(‘dvcC’ or ‘dvvC’ or ‘dvwC’) in sample entry
If you need more help, please share a sample content at developer@lge.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Can you add support for Dolby Vision video inside MKV containers as well? HDR works but Dolby Vision doesn’t and shows the video with a pink/green tint.

1 Like

If there are any updates, we will let you know via our website. Thank you.

Thank you for your response, that has helped me add automatic muxing of MKV to MP4 for Dolby Vision content to Universal Media Server.

I second the request from user2304 to add MKV DV support too, that would really simplify things for LG TV owners